2. Moodle Educators Certification
The Moodle Educator Certification Program (MEC) recognises and certifies mastery in building effective teaching and learning activities with Moodle.
Designed for teachers, instructors and trainers, this program uses leading research on curriculum development and digital competency standards to provide educators with transferable knowledge and skills that impact teaching and learning practice.
- Develop your skills with up to twenty-two modules focused on education-related digital competencies
- Choose from three certification paths: Core (6 foundation modules), Teaching Approach (4 specialisations) and Comprehensive (all 22 modules)
- Actively learn through a series of video tutorials, applied examples and design challenges guided by our trained Moodle Partner facilitators
- Earn a badge each time you complete a module
- Get feedback and coaching advice from our Facilitators to assist you in developing, revising and completing your learning activities
May 14, 2021 - July 16, 2021
August 6, 2021 - October 15, 2021
November 12, 2021 - January 28, 2022
February 11, 2022 - April 15, 2022
Course FeeCourse fee for taking MEC is $400 USD.
Final CertificationFor further announcement on the final MEC Certification rate. Cost range from $150.00 - $250.00.
Prior Knowledge to taking MECTraining Participants should have prior knowledge of using Moodle. Beginners are encouraged to take the Moodle Training for Teachers or taking the free MOOCs https://learn.moodle.org at the Moodle HQ before taking the MEC program.
For the initial launch, the six modules required for the Foundation Level Digital Competence certificate will be released. The six modules and the associated learning outcomes (what participants will focus on learning) are:
||Respond to learners' diverse needs and ensure accessibility to learning resources and activities in Moodle.
||Locate, design, modify and share properly attributed open content to support learning objectives.
||Guide learners by evaluating performance and responding to their needs.
||Explore new tools and strategies to guide learners toward achieving learning objectives.
||Foster the creation and exchange of knowledge through collaboration and peer interaction
||Construct and revise assessments based on learning objectives and learner performance.
The comprehensive Moodle Educators Certification Program will include the following modules:
Product Description Guide
More info about MEC